Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fathers and Sons


A couple weekends ago was the annual fathers and sons campout. Consensus was that it was the best one yet. I know they say that every year, but this really was awesome. They had it with the whole stake (which consists of 8 wards, or congregations) at the Boy Scout camp at Lake Lopez. What they loved about it was that it was so organized. There was an actual schedule of events, and they had a blast.
 

Brennan had a cold, which really flared up his asthma. The campfire smoke made it even worse, so he had to stay in the tent for a little while.

 
There was a little program about the restoration of the priesthood that night, and then they all went back to their own campsites for more campfire fun. It was a late night.
 
This was Levi's first fathers and sons campout, and he LOVED it. I prepared him for it all week, and he assured me he would be good. And he was! Dave said he didn't cry the whole time.
 
After breakfast they had a bunch of activities planned.

Spencer's favorite was tomahawk throwing.




Archery is always a huge hit.

Brennan said, "I didn't know I was so good at archery, mom! I got right next to the bulls eye!"



They went on a hike, and Tyler and Brennan both got poison oak. It's just too hard for some people to stay out of it.
 
They stopped at Doc Bernstein's in Arroyo Grande for a huge ice cream sunday on the way home. They've wanted to go ever since Kristen's family went there over spring break, so that was fun for them. 
 
Meanwhile, Chloe and I enjoyed shopping and eating out Friday and Saturday. I always look forward to this campout, but it occurred to me that one day Chloe will feel left out when all her big brothers leave her behind. I'll have to make it really fun for us too.

No comments: