Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

 
We've been doing something fun the past couple of weeks. I saw these cute little $1 mailboxes at Target and bought one for everyone. Then I got a bunch of stickers and ribbons (all on sale at Michaels) and the boys decorated their mailboxes. They insisted I go back and get one for myself and Dave too. Then they got busy writing notes and making valentines for each other. I even bought some candy for them, but the rule was they couldn't put candy in their own mailbox (Levi's the one who needed the rule).
 
Look how cute they all turned out!

I got into it too. I gave them these because they were told at school that everyone would get cotton candy after the fun run fundraiser, but then the machine broke and only a few winners from each grade got it. How disappointing! 

They would get all excited whenever they came home from school and saw their flag up. It's funny, because some of them didn't know what the flag was for! We've never had our own mailbox - just shared with the whole street. Anyway, it was quite successful, and we just might have to make this a new February tradition. Personal notes from your family mean so much more than generic cards from classmates.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That's an awesome idea! I remember when we used to have a FHE or something where we would go around and each tell what we liked about each other. I always loved that. Yours is like a fun spin on that.

Mrs Abbott said...

What a great Family strengthening activity!