Sunday, January 27, 2013

Christmas Morning

Finally, the Christmas blog you've all been waiting for. Well, maybe not, but my family sure has been. I was frustrated with the pictures because I accidently switched my camera to RAW. My computer doesn't handle RAW files well, so I had to convert them, making the pictures yellow and grainy in the process. I told Dave we had to repeat Christmas morning so I could redo the pictures, but he thought I was kidding. Especially since we had just put the tree away.

Our neighbor Andy made this for the kids. It's a sign for their swing set - he even installed it for us. I love it SO much I almost wish we could hang it up in the house instead.

Spencer has really been enjoying his microscope. Recently he looked at spider parts and mold from a lime. VERY cool.

Tyler loves his iPod. It was funny, when he first went out Christmas morning, he was helping the little boys find their Santa presents and getting excited for them. After awhile, he said, "Mom, I can't find my present." He wasn't expecting something so small, and he was thrilled!

I was so impressed with Levi this year. He knew what several of the gifts were, but he never gave them away. He was very excited to give Spencer a harmonica and book.

Here's me and my funny bed head and broken glasses. Chloe always loves my necklaces!

 My boys love wearing suit coats to church, and Dallin was excited to get a new one.

Levi didn't try to open presents early either. Very impressive. However, he did eat everyone's stocking candy.




Chloe was so happy!


When I asked Levi what he wanted for Christmas, he said a monster umbrella. I didn't know if such a thing even existed, but lo and behold, it does! How cute is that? I love Amazon!


They've all really enjoyed playing with this make-your-own monster puppet. We like monsters around here.


Spencer liked his Perplexus so much last year that he asked for the harder one this year. 


Opening presents from grandma.


These superhero dress-ups are the best. Levi, especially, wears them ALL the time. They're great because they can easily slip them on over their heads.


Some items just need to be replaced from time to time because they're so fun, i.e. goofy glasses.



As you may have noticed in these pictures, Levi has a huge laceration on his right eyelid. He split it open in the bathtub right before Christmas. Luckily, Dave had some Dermabond on hand and was able to glue it shut - the laceration, not his eye.

It was a little chilly, but we managed to play with our new toys before it started to rain. We got the boys a basketball hoop, which kept Dave busy Christmas Eve. There's always something to put together!

Even I like Brennan's green machine - it's super fun!

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

What a fun Christmas morning! Love the monster umbrella, Chloe's expressions and the Green Machine! Our kids would be jealous and would have to come borrow it if we lived closer!

Jen said...

Looks like a very successful holiday. I love that Tyler was wearing a fake mustache all morning :)