Thursday, October 11, 2012

Marching band

Saturday was our town's pioneer parade. It started in the 1930's as a way to boost spirits during the Great Depression. The slogan was, "Leave your pocketbook at home." It honors the history of our town and includes many old trucks, tractors and horses. It's always followed by a huge free bean feed in the downtown park. We wouldn't have gone (you've seen one pioneer parade, you've seen them all); but Spencer marched in it with the middle school band, and we were excited to see him.

Yikes, my face sure looks round! I should have taken the picture so Tyler could be in this picture instead. Anyway, we found a great place to sit in the shade, and the kids really liked it. The band was #70, so we got there a little late and left right after Spencer was done. It was just the right amount of time.

I didn't get any good pictures of Spencer marching (he was on the opposite side from us), but they sounded fabulous.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Spencer's looking very jazzy, I have to say. Also, I know what you mean about not liking something about how I look in a picture, but a friend of mine recently posted a link to this article that I thought brought a good insight to that very thing.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html

Mrs Abbott said...

Love marching band! I played the clarinet in jr. high and high school!