Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ag Day

Last week was Ag Day at school. When I came home from exercising that morning, everyone (including Brennan) was furiously searching for cowboy clothes. It was 7:30, and when I asked if anyone had eaten breakfast, the answer was no. They are so into dressing up for things!



When I went to the school later that morning, I didn't see anyone else dressed up - except for the real cowboys, of course.


These pictures of Brennan were actually taken the day before. He dresses up all the time. I may have mentioned it before.


Spencer was wearing a flannel shirt and cowboy hat, but it got too hot for the shirt, and the wind kept blowing his hat off. He did wear it for the cock-a-doodle-do competition, though. He came in 2nd place. I didn't see it, but his proud teacher told me he did an excellent job, strutting around and everything.


There were a bunch of 4H kids demonstrating various things. Here's Tyler doing the stomp rocket. These cowboy boots were from Dave's mom. They used to be hers, and they all wanted to wear them. Tyler won.


The little boys and I got there an hour before lunch and walked around to all the stations, visiting the boys and seeing all the animals. Dallin was in the sheep contest. When he told me about it, the lady who was showing these chickens made a sheep noise. Dallin said, "Wow! You're good. You would have won first place!"

Then we stayed and had the BBQ lunch with them. We were there for awhile, since none of them eat at the same time. The kids were bummed that there weren't as many animals or fun tractor exhibits this year. But now they all want to be in 4H.

2 comments:

kristen said...

I didn't even know it was ag day.

I just asked my kids about it and they said it was one of the days that we all stayed home sick, so that explains it.

Hilary said...

yeah, spencer felt really bad for jacob. he was really hoping he'd be better by then.