Tuesday, November 2, 2010

G is for giggles

I taught Brennan's preschool last week (was that a quick 5 weeks or what?!). Well at least I taught on Tuesday - Thursday was cancelled due to the stomach flu. Which is a real bummer because we were going to have a little Halloween party. But Tuesday was a lot of fun.

I told the story of the 3 Billy Goats Gruff using popsicle stick puppets. I also read a book about a gorilla and another about a goat.
We played a game called Guess Who. This was a big hit, although it was pretty much impossible for one little person not to peek and see what his picture was. The idea is to ask questions to figure out who you are.
This is Kejia, who I haven't managed to get pictures of before. Brennan just adores her.



For science we learned about gas and did some experiments involving balloons. First we put baking soda and vinegar in one and watched it fill with gas and overflow with bubbles. Then we opened a bottle of 7-Up and immediately put a balloon on the top. The kids loved watching the carbonation blow up the balloon. When it slowed down I shook the soda a little and it kept on going. No wonder we burp when we drink soda.


For our craft we made golden crowns with glitter and gems. Brennan loved his and wore it for days.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

We are doing Letter School too and I love looking to you for inspiration. I'm up next week with the letter Ii. Wish we lived close and could do school together. Is that Emily and Arnie's adorable little girl? Give Em a big hug for me.

Hilary said...

i would love to do preschool with you mandy! and yes, that emily's little girl kejia. she is such a sweetheart. we have a great group.