Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Springtime


I love spring! Flowers blooming, warmer weather, daylight savings, spring break, my birthday, and of course Easter. I just have to buy daffodils whenever I go to Trader Joe's. And Cadbury eggs. Yum!


One day last week after the kids came home from school, I took them to the farm supply store to look at the baby chicks. At just $3.99 each, I almost wanted to buy one. But I figured they're not allowed in my neighborhood. Then the lady at the store told me our town allows up to 4 chickens per household within city limits! When I mentioned it to Dave that night he laughed and told me chicken coops are very stinky. He knows - he used to clean them when he worked on a farm. They're also a health hazard. One of the questions he always asks people with lung problems is if they own chickens. Spencer's probably allergic anyway. Oh well. Plus they're not chicks very long. The ones above were just 2 days old. The 1 week old chicks were already much bigger and starting to get feathers. Not nearly as cute.


I guess we'll just have to visit the chicks every spring and buy eggs at the grocery store.


When we went to the zoo last Saturday they had a little temporary spring exhibit with lots of chicks,

ducklings,

and rabbits. I would also love a rabbit. But Spencer's probably allergic to those too.

No comments: