Sunday, January 3, 2010

Last sunset of 2009

We said good-bye to 2009 by eating chili on the beach and enjoying the last sunset of the year. It got pretty chilly (hee hee). But it wasn't windy, and it was just gorgeous there. The kids all decided this should become a tradition. Thanks for making such a yummy dinner mom! Soup is such a great way to feed a crowd.Troy warming up by the fire.


Levi's cousins sure adore him.

Spencer got to try out his new skimboard he got for Christmas. For those of you not familiar with those, they are kind of like mini surfboards. But instead of paddling out and riding the waves in, you throw them parallel to the water and jump on. He did really well for his first time.

Dallin and Brennan got very nervous about big boys getting too close to the fire.

Then we all went over to my parents' house for the usual spread (cheese and crackers and spinach dip and chips and such), games, movies, Martinelli toasts and countdown around 9:40. Random time, I know, but we wanted to get kids to bed. Some were sad they didn't get to stay up until midnight, but there was already crying and sadness.
Dave and my nephews spent most of the afternoon constructing this cool time warp spinning tunnel for the youth dance (it was Jonathan's first dance, woo-hoo!). I drove home around 10:00 and put our boys to bed. Then I cleaned my house like crazy for 3 hours and watched movies and folded laundry while waiting for Dave to come home from the dance. That might sound like a horrible way to spend the evening, but it felt great to actually get so much done without any interruptions. Then New Year's day we put away all our Christmas decorations. I love my clean, empty house! My resolution is to organize and decorate.

1 comment:

Judy and Lloyd Abbott said...

I thought of you all out there while I was ushering in the New Year at the hospital. In the past we've provided root beer floats to our guys to celebrate--but that may not happen for the institutionalized in California for a long time to come. Sad really. You really do come to care for the people you serve. Lloyd