Friday, April 28, 2017

Ice blocking

The boys have gone ice blocking with the youth at church a bunch of times, and they thought the little kids would like it too. So one day in February, we picked up a few 10 lb blocks of ice at the grocery store and headed over to the park. All you need is a block of ice ($1.99), a towel to sit on, and a grassy hill. It's like California sledding you can do in shorts!

You go fast! I even went down once, but I can't find the pics. I don't like to go too fast, so I kept one foot on the ground the whole time to slow myself down. My boys think I'm crazy.


Great balance, Levi!

 Brennan looks so much like little kid Dave in this picture!

If the towel gets in the way, the ice stops but you keep going. 

They took turns giving each other boosts.

This was during the rainy season, so the ground was soggy. Warning: clothes and towels may get muddy.

This next bunch of pictures are from a day we went during spring break. The kids also went once while Dave and I were in Hawaii. I guess they really like ice blocking! 

 We invited cousins to join us, and then we headed over to the pool across the street.

This is my favorite ice blocking picture!

 So fun!





They're always looks for things to climb. This was before the park ranger came and told them to get down. Good times.



This was a hot day, and it felt really nice in the shade of a tree. I taught the kids to blow grass and made clover necklaces. It was so relaxing I didn't feel like leaving to go to the pool. The kids had to drag me away.

No comments: