Monday, February 1, 2016

Decorating the tree


We decorated the Christmas tree after church over Thanksgiving weekend. The kids are always super eager to do it as soon as Thanksgiving is over. In fact I came home from shopping that Friday, and they had gotten out all the Christmas boxes and arranged the nativity sets and other Christmas decorations around the house. They did a great job, and I was happy to have it done!

My favorite job is taking pictures of the process. Christmas trees make great backdrops.


They were very excited for Dave to come home after his church meetings so they could start. Although he was extra busy in December doing tithing settlements, he really enjoyed meeting with all the members of our congregation. It's one of the perks of being bishop!



It was Chloe's turn to put up the star this year, so next year it's Spencer's turn. I have to post that every year or else we forget.

She played with the ornaments the whole time the tree was up. I kept telling her not to touch, but then I decided she wasn't hurting anything, so I stopped caring. Who can resist all those toys, just hanging there?

Did I mention Spencer got his learner's permit in November? He loves driving. He mostly drives my Suburban, since it's more available. He's even driven the family all the way to Pinnacles and Shaver Lake. Recently he's been getting more practice with Dave's Mazda, which is stick shift. He drove it to seminary today, and he didn't stall once. Woohoo!


The kids did a fabulous job with the tree! We took it down right after New Year's - I miss it already. 
Now I will attempt to upload a couple of videos. 




Enjoy!!

No comments: