Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Family Pics

We went to Barney Schwartz Park to take pictures the day after Thanksgiving. We hadn't gotten family pictures in a couple of years, and it was time. We didn't want to pay for a photographer, so I bought a little camera remote for $20 and took our own. I was happy with how they turned out. Everyone was cooperative, and the smiles are natural. 

I took several pictures while I figured out lighting and such. Then I got everyone into position and jumped in. There was a lot of running back and forth.



We walked all around the park and took individual shots. 

I had to give everyone haircuts beforehand and make sure we all had somewhat coordinating outfits. Plus it's hard to find a day when nothing else is scheduled. There's a reason these things don't happen very often!

Chloe was freezing cold at this point, but we managed to take off her coat and grab a few quick pictures. I love that skirt! Too bad you can't see it very well in the family picture - she wanted to be close to dad to keep warm.


I'm not very good at posing people for pictures. Luckily the kids are naturals!

They had fun choosing their picture spots!



We snapped away until we ran out of daylight. We'll have to take them a little earlier in the year next time, so it's not so cold!