Wednesday, March 11, 2015

No snow...

The plan was to go play in the snow over President's Day weekend. However there is no snow in the whole state of California due to our current drought.  My friend recently took her kids to Tahoe, and they had to sled in man-made snow. Pitiful! So we stayed home and went to the beach instead. It turned out to be a gorgeous day in Morro Bay.

There was a big surfing competition going on, so the parking lot was packed. But we got a parking spot right in front, and the beach is huge, so it wasn't a problem. 

Splashing pictures are always fun.

Spencer showed me how to use the lens flare feature on Photoshop. I think I've used it before, but I forgot about it. I may have gone a little overboard with these, ha ha!


We usually go to Hearst Beach, but we thought we'd go somewhere else for a change. The nice thing is that this beach has lots of big waves (thus the surfing competition), so the boogie boarding is a lot more exciting.





More lens flare.



Brennan got this great kite for Christmas. It wasn't that windy there that day, but the kite went right up. It's called an easy flyer. Perfect!



The beach is entertaining enough by itself, but it's always a good idea to pack a few toys.

Spencer said, "Take a picture of me catching the Frisbee." This was my favorite! With lens flare :)

 I must say, this was a lot less work than going to the snow. Not bad for plan B!

No comments: