Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Chloe's haircut

I gave a couple of my boys haircuts recently. Chloe likes to copy everything I do. A few days later, she got ahold of some kid scissors. I was at the computer in the same room with her when I heard her say, "Mommy, I did it!"

This is what she did. It went really far back and all the way down to the scalp. I found clumps of hair all over the floor. I cried. She cried. It was sad.

The next day I took her to a hair salon to try to fix it. We had to give her major bangs to cover it up.

We had never cut her hair before, so she trimmed the back also. 

She held perfectly still, so that was good. Look how far back her bangs go! :(

She often touches her bangs and says, "Off...better," because we made it better at the salon. One day she was telling me about cutting her hair. I said, "Yes, and that made mommy sad." She looked down and said, "Sorry, mommy." 

For about 2 whole days I couldn't look at her without crying. But I guess I'm getting used to it. Sorta.

No comments: