Sunday, April 21, 2013

Egg Drop

 
Spencer had the fun idea of hosting an egg drop event for Easter. He invited cousins, friends and a neighbor. I told him they could do it as long as I had zero involvement. All I did was clean my room, since they launched the eggs from my bedroom window. It was really exciting to see the boys plan and plan for days how they'd insulate their eggs.
 

 
We had everyone come over Saturday morning, right after they devoured their basket candy.




I loved the variety of ideas, from parachutes to pillows. They could do whatever they wanted.


 
We opened the screen and dropped them onto the driveway with a cheering audience down below.
 
 
 

Some did so well they dropped them a couple times.

Dave helped Levi, and it was probably my favorite. They made a parachute, and it worked perfectly.
 
 
 
It floated down gracefully and slowly - a beautiful site.
 
 
 
Some eggs cracked, but it was still fun for them to design, make and launch them. We just might have to make this an annual event!

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Super fun! I'm learning that having boys means lots of designing/building/planning. Have they discovered the minecraft game?

Hilary said...

oh yes! they like it a little TOO much. we really have to limit when/how much they play.