Monday, July 25, 2011

Dinner and a Movie

I'm getting behind on blogs. You may have noticed. I guess summer's keeping me busy, which means I have even more things to blog about. It's a catch 22.


So back at the beginning of July, we got together with family to celebrate birthdays for Dave and Jacob. We met at the park by mom and dad's house, which was actually quite crowded because there was a baseball game going on with fireworks afterwards.


We had pizza, because that seemed easiest. Kristen made chocolate cake with cherries, and I made scotcheroos. Dave's not a huge cake person, and he had already had 2 cakes at work.


I also like to make scotcheroos when I know there will be other dessert options for Brennan, since they have peanut butter in them.


Then we went to the drive-in to watch Cars 2. We traded Levi for Jacob and Peter, since it was too late for Levi (actually, it was too late for everyone, but they love it), and Jacob and Peter really wanted to go.


They all started out thinking they wanted to watch from the roof of the car, but that didn't last long as the sun went down and the temperature dropped.


Brennan and I fell asleep during the movie. Pillows, blankets, late night, etc. But from what I saw, it was a cute movie. Several adults told me they didn't like it as much as the first one, but my boys all said they liked it way better because there was more action.




It was very crowded! We got there 30 minutes early and still had to park in the back. But that's okay, it's a big screen. It's a really fun thing to do with the kids. And at $2/kid (under 12), it's cheaper than the movie theater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun party. My kids and I have really enjoyed seeing ourselves and remembering our fabulous vacation with you guys on your previous posts. I guess we'll see you all sooner than we thought we would.
Emily