Thursday, April 21, 2011

Club Penguin Party


Tyler had a Club Penguin friend party. In case you haven't heard of it, it's a free online game on Miniclips. My boys love it, especially Tyler. He also has the Wii game. It was actually really easy to come up with activities because we just played the same games the penguins play.


The first and possibly most popular game was sumo wrestling. I bought a couple of 3XL t-shirts and put a pillow underneath, held in place by a rope. That alone was hysterical.



The goal is to knock your opponent off the iceberg. So we moved the couches out of the way, and the area rug became our iceberg. The rule was they could only use their big belly to bump each other - no punching/kicking.



It's a little blurry, but this picture of Brennan cracks me up.


They could have done this all day.



Then they played 4-way hockey. They had to stay on their knees, so that kept it from getting too crazy.



There were four goals (laundry baskets), four players at a time and a bunch of racquetball balls, which aren't too hard.


We also played bean counter. The computer version of the game has the penguin catching big bags of beans off a delivery truck. We had the boys go down by our front door and catch pillows that Dave threw down from upstairs and put them in a laundry basket.


They went fast, and the ones that fell on the floor didn't count. I couldn't believe how much fun they had with this. They played it for a really long time, with each round speeding up.



By the end he had 4 throwers lined up at the top, throwing them down practically all at once.



When they weren't catching or throwing pillows, I pulled them into the kitchen a few at a time to make their own pizzas (also a Club Penguin game).



After lunch we ate puffle cake balls. Puffles are the penguins' pets. This was plan B. I tried to make a big 3D penguin, but it stuck to the pan and ended up a pile of crumbs. I didn't want to waste it (I made it from scratch after all), so I turned them into cake balls, which I remember seeing on Pioneer Woman awhile ago. Tyler loved them.








Then we did a Puffle Rescue, i.e. Easter egg hunt. I made 72 of these cute little guys, hot-gluing the yarn and googley eyes and drawing the rest of the face with a permanent marker. Okay, so it was a little labor-intensive (it took all Friday afternoon), but I seriously had so much fun making them.

Spencer hid all the puffles in the backyard, and I think they all got found. Although Tyler found one just the other day.







Tyler was especially excited about getting membership cards from his cousins. Although the game itself is free, there's a lot more you can do as a member. He can earn coins playing the Wii and online games, and then he saves them up to upgrade and decorate his igloo. He "bought" a 2 story igloo today.

3 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

So fun!!!

Missa said...

I love this party! I love how much time you spent on it. I love that you enjoyed making the easter egg puffles. And the cake was, as usual, amazing. You are my hero! Are you available in August for my birthday? :)!

Hilary said...

ha ha marrisse! i love birthdays. our last one around here was 5 months ago, and i was in withdrawal.