Friday, April 10, 2015

Wildflower hike

Way back in February (I know, I'm behind!), we went hiking in Montana de Oro. I think it was President's Day. We started out doing a steep hike near Valencia Peak, but the path we wanted to take was closed, and the alternate route was way too long. So we looked over our map and decided to do a different one nearby. It was easy (not nearly as steep) and beautiful with lots of wildflowers!

I had fun taking pictures of the flowers. There were so many different kinds!

The three oldest boys took turns carrying Chloe.




We followed a creek most of the time and ended up at a very small waterfall. It wasn't even picture-worthy, but at least there was water! 

I don't know why they're all wearing these hats. They're just funny like that.


And they crack each other up.

It was really green and beautiful!

I kept lagging behind to take pictures.

Chloe wanted to get out and walk the last little bit.  Spencer found a few geocaches, so he was happy.

Silly Tyler!



 We ended up a a campground. These signs cracked us up!

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a beautiful hike. Obviously that area never got the memo about the drought! Also, I love the hats!