Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The tree

The trash people picked up our tree yesterday, so it's about time I blogged about Christmas. I would have done this earlier, but I was having problems uploading pictures onto Blogger. As you can see, we actually got a real tree this year! The young women had a fundraiser for camp, selling trees and poinsettias, and of course we wanted to support them. It was a beautiful tree, and it smelled so good!! However they came just as the stomach flu hit our family full force (7 of us got it over 3 days), so it took us longer than usual to put it up. Spencer did the lights Saturday because Dave felt lousy, and then I pulled myself out of bed Sunday to watch them decorate it. 

 Brennan's Halloween costume got plenty of use this year.






 It was Brennan's turn to do the star this year.




Chloe was napping while we decorated the tree. She loved it so much we had to move all the ornaments up a few feet.


The whole Christmas season seemed extra short this year. Thanksgiving was later than normal, we put the tree up a week later than usual, and I was asked to be the Relief Society president at church (that's the women's organization). Between that and all the illnesses that passed through, I feel like it all went by way too fast.

No comments: