Sunday, February 26, 2012

Welcome baby Chloe!


Chloe Louise was born on Friday, February 24th at 4:37 p.m. She was 7 lb 2 oz and 20" long. We are so happy she is here!




Overall the labor was long and boring. It's a good thing we packed card games. I was already 4cm when I got there at 8:00, but the nurses were so busy with other deliveries that the whole thing took forever to get going. My doctor broke my water around 12:45, the contractions got painful around 1:30, and then I had a wonderful epidural around 2:00. Here I am, feeling no pain, just moments before Chloe was born. She arrived in just one push.


My awesome doctor let me have my baby when I wanted. I chose to be induced the day after my parents got home from visiting Ellen in Hawaii. Dr. Yin always tells me things like, "You make this look easy!" I like her a lot. The boys got to meet her when they came later, and they shook her hand and thanked her for the safe delivery of their baby.



Admiring my beautiful baby girl. I just can't take my eyes off of her. It's hard to know who she looks like, but she definitely looks like one of ours. The thing that really sets her apart (other than being a girl) is all her long dark hair. I don't think Levi had this much hair when he was a year old.





She was super alert and looking all around her first hour, and then she got hungry and nursed great for 45 minutes.


My mom almost missed the birth when she went out for a quick walk. We had no idea I was so close (yay epidurals!) until the doctor came to check me and told me not to sneeze until they got the room all set up. So we quickly called my mom to tell her to come back.


Chloe is their 35th grandbaby.



My dad brought the kids down to meet their baby sister a couple hours after she was born. They were all SO excited. Unfortunately the sun had gone down by then, so I didn't get many good pictures.


Tyler's showing us her big yawn.



Our sweet nurse let the boys help her give Chloe her first bath. That was a lot of fun for them, and she told me afterwards that she was so impressed with their medical knowledge.



Chloe didn't like the bath so much.







The most unfornate thing about the whole hospital stay was that I had to share a room, since there were so many deliveries that day. The lack of privacy wasn't too bad, since there was a curtain; but what really bugged me was that I didn't get the window side, so I didn't have good lighting for pictures. That's my favorite thing to do in the hospital - take pictures of my new baby. So before I left I asked my roommate if I could go to her side to take a few pictures. But the lighting wasn't very good by then (this picture is kinda blurry) and Chloe wasn't in a great mood at the time. I figured I might as well go home.










We left when she was 24 hours old. My parents watched the kids all day, and they made us a huge "Welcome Home Chloe and mom!" sign. The house was clean and there was a wonderful ham dinner waiting for us. It was so good to be home.


Chloe woke up every couple of hours last night, but that was much better than when I was pregnant and had insomnia and couldn't sleep past 3 or 4 every morning. It was also better than being in the hospital when my roommate's baby screamed louder than any newborn I'd ever heard. Yep, it's good to be home.

12 comments:

Missa said...

Yay! What a sweet and beautiful baby! Congratulations to you all. And kudos on posting so quickly.

Paso Andy said...

Congrats you guys! She's very beautiful like the rest of your family!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! She's so gorgeous and I'm so happy for you all! Valerie

Troy Smalley said...

Oh my goodness, she's so cute! I love her little hat, and her very-girlie outfit. Congratulations!
Emily & kids

tcat said...

She is the cherry on top of your beautiful family! Congratulations,
~Dorian

Mandy said...

I am so happy for you guys! Chloe is absolutely gorgeous. Gotta love sharing a room at SV hospital. Congratulations again!

Anonymous said...

She's cute! I've really enjoyed getting to know your family better through emails and blogs Hilary. I hope we can all meet for a reunion soon (Philly 2014!)

Send me Full Name, date and birth place when you have time.
Love you
Sandy

Christopher said...

you are both beautiful and your pictures are gorgeous too! I am so happy that I live close enough to snuggle her and give her gifts!

Christopher said...

I didn't realize that christopher was signed into my computer! this comment and the last one are from Kristen. (that would be really weird from Christopher!)

Mrs Abbott said...

Congratulations!!! SO glad everything went well! She is just a doll!

Barbara said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations :)

Jen said...

She's so beautiful! I'm so happy for you.