Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pioneer Day Parade

Last week was our town's Pioneer Day. They have a big parade, and everything else in town closes. Even Wal-Mart! The kids talked me into letting them be in the parade with our school's float. Dave took them last year, but I didn't go because I had just had Levi. This year Dave and Spencer were busy with a move and a service project for most of the day, so I figured I might as well take the younger boys to it. It was hard to find a parking space, and then we had to wait an hour and a half before it was our turn to go. But my boys LOVE being in this parade. Their favorite part is dressing up like pioneers/cowboys. They also like to see all the horse poop in the streets.

About 45 minutes into our wait, Brennan started having a major allergy attack sitting on the hay - sneezing and red, watery eyes and nose. And I couldn't find any Benedryl. So I moved him to a seat off of the hay, sitting next to our friend Madelyn. Then Dave dropped us off some Benedryl, since he was passing through town.


Our school's float won 1st prize! Get it - "Peterson Pawsse," because we're the pandas. All the kids had panda paws on their hands and sang "We are the Pandas!" They had such a great time. Sometimes we do things we don't particularly want to do because they make our children so happy. I felt like such a nice mom that day.

No comments: