Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to Normal

How can I let a silly little book get to me like this? Here is how my blog-less week has gone:

Monday: I am mad that my preordered book from Amazon is going to take 2 more day to arrive, especially since I saw it at Wal-Mart for just $1 more than what I paid for it. But I just can't justify owning two copies of the book. I try to read about the book online without finding out what happens in it (that's tricky) and listen to the songs on the book's playlist. Then I get a brilliant idea - I call my friend to see if she's read it so I can borrow her copy, but I find out she hasn't had a chance to buy it yet. So she offers to buy my book from me when it arrives so I can go to Wal-Mart and buy it. I read the first few chapters before bed and like them.
Tuesday: I read the book all day but am very disappointed with many aspects. I won't go into detail here. You can read my review on www.goodreads.com.
Wednesday: I finish the book and like the ending, but I'm still mad about not liking the whole middle. I read other reviews on goodreads, which reminds me of all the things I disliked.
Thursday: I am now ready to catch up on housework and get my life back to normal. I guess it's a good thing this was the last book of the series because I can't go through this again.

2 comments:

Boo said...

Why is it that reading doesn't mix well with other things? And yet, we are constantly encouraged to read. I can either read or be an effective mom; read or study (I banned myself from fun books during high school and college). But a good book is sooo satisfying.
-MaryRuth

Hilary said...

I know, which is one reason I don't read much. I know there are so many other things I should be doing instead. But if you have a good book, nothing else seems to matter.